ABS Sensors are also said to be anti-lock braking systems, Generally, it is used as ABS Sensor or Wheel Sensor. In this article, we will guide you on an overview of ABS Sensors and also discuss its working principles, cost, and reviews and mainly to fix the issues that occurred.
What does ABS Sensor mean?:
ABS Sensor is a braking system also known as Wheel Speed Sensors or ABS brake Sensors.It is generally found in new featured Automobiles.It is smaller in size but it will do more advanced activities.It will detect the rotational speed of the wheel to prevent the brake from locking to do this it will proceed with the Car Engine Control Machine. Quality is very important first, so we must provide the original quality of some equipment to prevent poor quality because it has a direct impact on the systems. Plated pins and rigorously tested to the OE standard are advanced Weather pack connectors.
It will report faster compared to manual brakes, in case if wheel speeds are not equal it makes equalized speed; this process can be done by the computer. It modulates the anti-lock characteristic.suppose your car is out of control at that time ABS will control your car by preventing it from accident and to avoid injuries.This prolongs the service life of the vehicle pillars, brake pads, brake calipers, and wheels. Generally, it will maintain and control braking system of vehicle and discharge a crumble noise occurs in automobiles.The more advance “Delphi ABS Sensors” provides more advanced features like it provides perfect signal stable and valid for.Under any condition,this provides a powerful sensors that you can install without worrying about damage.
Where is it Located:
ABS Sensors will be located in the “Wheel hub” on four channel ABS systems; it is applicable for newer versions; for older ones it will be located outside the wheel hub.
The Functional Principle of ABS:
In this section we will understand the functional principle of the ABS Sensors.
- ABS sensors will work on the principle of “threshold braking” and “Cadence braking”.
- With the help of this principle, the driver puts on the brakes and discharges it without blocking the wheel and repeating the process again without blocking the wheel.This process is done by “Pulse” to anticipate skidding of the automobiles and from locking.
- With the help of the Cadence braking, it will automatically anticipate skidding of the automobile and form locking whenever brakes are applied.
- This is a better measure to control automobiles or vehicles in case any issues occur.
Components of ABS Systems:
There are four major components available in ABS Systems they are
- Speed Sensors
Speed Sensors were present in the wheel. It will help to know in case the wheel is going to lock.It is also used to calculate acceleration and deceleration of the wheel.
ABS controls each brake line which consists of Valve.It has three parts In position one, In position two, and In position three.
In position one:
The valve stays open and pressure from the master cylinder passes through the brake.
In position two:
The value blocks the line and differentiates the brake from the master cylinder.It also prevents the rise of the pressure of the brake.
In position three:
It will release the pressure from the brack by using a valve.
The valve will release the pressure and the pump will get back the pressure.
It generally controls the speed sensors and valves.
Types of ABS Sensors:
There are two types of ABS sensors available they are
- Active sensor
- Passive sensor
An additional power source is required to operate and design the wheels.It further classified into two types they are
- Hall Sensor
- The magneto-resistive
It replies immediately in case any changes happen in the magnetic field with a voltage difference that will transfer to the control unit. It is defined as square wave signal it will reply for the changes that have occured.
- It will monitor the rotational directions of the wheels.
- More expensive.
- It has accurate signals.
- When the sensor passes through the resistors,if the encoder disc contains a magnetic arc segment, a significant change occurs.
- The changes will be processed as a parameter for the wheel rotational speed and directions for the Control unit.
- It is larger compared to active sensors.
- Less Accurate.
- Simpler design and more convenient to check if any error arises.
- It is generally built with a coil around a magnetic core.
- It creates magnetic fields.
- It changes the field when the toothed wheel turns.
Light Can Come ON:
If the system goes wrong, in that case problems will arise as mentioned below.
- It has tracking control systems.
- It keeps all the four wheels rolling level off.
- It will stop the engine power in case if any one wheel turns out of control.
- If you apply more power it will automatically protect from Skidding and lock-up.
- It is generally self-diagnostic systems.
- In case any problem arises, the tracking control light and ABS can make the light come on ,also you need to check your vehicle properly.
Fluid Reservoirs are at a Low Level:
- The braking system is basically “Hydraulic”.
- Uses the power of a cylinder pressing against a fluid to close your brake pads and brings your car to a stop immediately.
- You need to maintain the constant level of fluid.
- It automatically turns on the ABS light once it finds any error occured.
- It is to detect the wheel rotations.
- If it detects any wheels performing unconditionally or out of control it will automatically compensate the wheels.
- In case speed sensors stop working it cannot provide the exact details.For that case it will disabled the ABS traction control system till your problem is resolved or your automobiles gets restarted.
System Turn off:
- You are able to turn ON or OFF your tracking control systems.
- When the system is off it automatically turns on the light to give an indication that your system function is not working properly.
- Suppose it suddenly turns off when you turn it on, and then if you don’t know it is correct,you need to contact or ask for help.
The system crashes when driving on muddy roads or coastal areas.It indicate by tracking control light in your automobile dashboard orelse it will brighten the ABS light.It also include the loss in traction in case in slippery roads.It also includes damage to wire or not working properly and not providing the accurate reading.
In case if any issue or failure occurs, Like damage to wires or providing wrong readings and not working properly replacement should need to do.It should be atleast 100,000 km before ABS replacement is needed.
It costs $375 for the average replacement and also extends up to $600; it varies according to your automobiles.
- It protects the automobiles from skidding and locks up the wheels.
- It controls the overall system in your vehicle.
- It has good steering control.
- 30% of collisions are reduced.
- It is more expensive compared with other automobiles which do not have this feature.
ABS (product descriptions):
|Type||Wheel speed sensor|
For this ABS sensor product the overall customer review is( 4.4 out of 5).
We hope the above article provides the overall information about ABS sensors and its Working principle and review for this product.